A highly creative, goal driven professional with solid graphic design, production and marketing experience. Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Graphic Designer / Creative Consultant – Freelance • Cleveland/Akron, Ohio • Jan. 2007 – Present
• Manage and establish client relationships.
• Developed and produced quality work to meet client’s expectations.
• Create marketing materials, branding campaigns, brochures, flyers, catalogs etc depending on clients needs.
• Present concepts and final designs for client approval.
• Update a daily blog at www.candisheckingdesign.com/blog
• Clients include: Bohlsen Group, HWTM, Pearne & Gordon LLP, Cleveland Jazz Orchestra, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, PAWS, Careerboard, JobServe, Ambrose Properties & Doner Advertising
Manager, Creative Services- Akhia Public Relations • Hudson, Ohio • April 2011 – August 2011
• Manage multiple projects from concept through completion • Develop creative design concepts that meet business objectives
• Work with internal teams to generate ideas for business proposals
• Assisting in new business presentations
• Meet an hire freelance designers when needed as an additional resource to the creative department
• Advise account directors and account teams on time needed/expected to complete a project
• Schedule brainstorms / creative team building programs to drive agency’s overall new idea generation
• Assisting/leading presentations or preparations for presentations (as requested)
• Leading daily activity meetings with the creative team
• Manage the flow of work through the department, ensuring that the right people are deployed on the right activities and that the creative department is running effectively
Senior Graphic Designer – Akhia Public Relations • Hudson, Ohio • April 2007 – April 2011
• Work closely with Account Executives to establish strategic marketing plans for clients.
• Responsible for managing all creative work associated with Diebold. Projects include product cards, whitepapers, HTML emails, folders, flash presentations and etc. Developed a relationship with Diebold’s marketing and creative team to insure Diebold’s brand standards were always followed.
• Designed and implemented marketing materials and coordinating trailer wrap for Fomo Products inc. Responsible for creative design and direction from beginning to end.
• Created new logo designs for additional divisions of Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNPA).
• Designed new marketing materials for AmTrust Bank. Marketing materials included postcards, sell sheets, trade show graphics, HTML emails, brochures and warranty cards.
• Developed and designed creative packaging for Edgetech direct mail campaign.
Graphic Designer – BrightLight Creative • Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio • Jul. 2006 – Jan. 2007
• Managed vendor and client relationships.
• Created new identity system for the BrightLight Creative brand. Identity projects included window graphics, capabilities brochure, direct mail campaigns and business cards.
• Designed, developed and implemented new identity for Globalstream Ventures. Created logo design, website interface design, business cards and letterhead.
• Developed and designed all marketing materials for Vaccaro’s Trattoria and Vaccaro’s Catering. Responsible for all creative work and production for Vaccaro’s business cards, menus, letterhead templates and website re-design.
Graphic Designer – Aue Creates • Cleveland, Ohio • Oct. 2005 – Jul. 2006
• Developed and designed a marketing kit concept for Lubrizol. Produced completed concepts for sales brochures, website template, and HTML emails.
• Designed creative packaging for IGO Home Products. Worked closely with client on layout and design. Directed photoshoot of product shots.
• Responsible for all aspects of agency’s relationship with American Greetings. Handled all file preparation and production work for American Greetings cards. Trained new employees to correctly follow the process and specific standards of American Greetings.
• Designed and established branding for EdgePoint Capital Advisors. Developed name of company, logo design, letterhead, business cards and company folder.
• Developed and designed local ad campaign for Aurora Dental Associates. Handled all photography and layout for ads.
• Presented and explained concepts and finished designs to co-workers and clients.
Graphic Designer – Edgepark Surgical • Twinsburg, Ohio • Dec. 2002 – Oct. 2005
• Developed and designed a wide range of products for internal brands: including annual catalog covers and templates, advertisements, direct mail, tradeshow booths and graphics, promotional flyers, websites, business collateral and a variety of in-house materials.
• Responsible for ongoing production and proofing of Meyer, Milliken Medical, Edgepark Surgical and Independence brands. Created ads and directed assisted with photo shoots for internal catalog pages.
• Presented creative concepts to business owners and the President/C.E.O. of Edgepark Surgical.
• Assisted marketing department with market research on competitor initiatives and industry trends.
InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, QuarkXpress, Freehand, Dreamweaver
Bowling Green State University • 1998-2002
Bachelor of Science in Technology
Major: Visual Communications Technology
Dynamic Graphics Training • Advanced Graphics – April 2005
Associate Board Member of the American Advertising Federation – Cleveland • May 2009 – Present
Member since January 2007
Cleveland Film Festival Marketing Committee – Cleveland • January 2009 – Present
Rookie of the Year Award 2008 from the American Advertising Federation – Cleveland
request a PDF version of this resume