Favorite Concerts of 2009
I wanted to get this post up sooner but of course my time seems to vanish into thin air everyday. This past year I spent many hours attending concerts. Here are my top 5 shows:
1. The Killers – Not sure any concert will ever compare to The Killers for me. Brandon Flowers and his band put on an incredible performance. This was the third time I saw them live and hopefully not the last. The show was at the Tower City Ampitheater in Cleveland.
2. Snow Patrol – This band was number one on my list of shows to see. The day before the show I flew back from Greece and then made the 2 hour drive down to Columbus to see them. As tired as I was it was definitely worth it. They are one of my favorite bands.
3. The Fray – I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this show. The feeling I got at this concert was unexpected. I’ve been a fan of the band but I actually think they sound better live than they do on the radio.
4. Jay-Z – Not much can compare to this show. Of course the music was awesome but so was the set. I definitely won’t forget this show and if you were there then you understand.
5. OK Go – One of the reasons why I enjoyed this show was because of the venue. The show was at The Grog Shop and I was able to get very close to the stage. I’ve missed OK Go a few times when they were in Cleveland so I was glad to catch them this time.
It was hard to pick just five of my favorite shows from 2009. Here are a few others I enjoyed seeing: Incubus, Ray Montagne, Pete Yorn, Better Than Ezra, Sara Bereilles, Keane and Kings of Leon.
Concerts I would like to see in 2010 are: Phoenix, Bell X1, Imogen Heap, The Killers (again), Lilly Allen, Regina Spektor, My Morning Jacket, The Arcade Fire, O+S, Rogue Wave, Delta Spirit, Iron and Wine, The Shins and many others.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.